Drilling fluid, also called mud, is the blood of oilfield drilling
Mud is the blood of oil field drilling
Drilling fluid, known as drilling fluid and drilling mud, is considered to be the blood of oilfield drilling, and plays a very important role in drilling operations.
Mud mainly has the following functions:
1. clean the bottom of the well, carry cuttings along the suspension and keep the hole clean.
2. balance the formation pressure, stabilize the borehole wall, prevent collapse, blowout, well leakage.
3. transfer water power to help the drill break the rock.
4. transfer power for downhole power drilling tools.
5. cooling bit, drilling tool.
6. using drilling fluid for geological and gas logging.
7. offshore oil drilling and completion engineering, including geology, exploration, cementing, down casing, logging, logging, etc., need to be completed through the mud to complete the operation.